>

Wednesday 19 April 2017

About Internship and Some Thoughts

Assalamu'alaikum

Heyya there. So now, I just feel like blogging. Still do not know if I will finished this entry or it will also ended up in my draft like sooo many entries before. We'll see.

I miss blogging, sometimes. But I dont feel like sharing much lately. By lately I mean for these past few years lol. Plus it is easier to share everything on Instagram compared to blog. For those who've been reading my blog since before, you guys know how lazy I am to upload pictures in blog. I did, yes, few times but never as much as those famous bloggers who are sooo gigih edited and uploaded so many pictures in their blogs. You know you have to go thru tons of pictures before actually decided​ what to upload. Bapak gigih. But they're famous so all the effort taken makes sense lah. While for me myself, Instagram is much easier. You get to edit and upload it with caption all in one shot and the result will turn out much organized, and pretty. So yeahh Instagram it is. 

Oh btw before I continue, if you find any grammatical error or any misused words here feel free to tegur me or just please ignore it coz I am too lazy to check. Thank you!

So, what's up??

Well, first thing first, you guys have to know that, alhamdulillah, I've secured an internship placement at The Star media yeayy! If you have read the previous entry, you know that this is my last semester studying in UNISEL. I will be doing internship on the next semester. So for the past few weeks I have been searching for an internship placement from several media organizations (I'm taking journalism, fyi).

I've sent applications to ASTRO, TV Al Hijrah, Bernama and The Star. ASTRO said if I didn't get any response up until two weeks before my internship begin, that means I did not get it. I repeat, TWO WEEKS BEFORE MY INTERNSHIP BEGIN. In that two weeks I have to settle all the documents and whatnots, I have to find rental house nearby ASTRO, I have to decide if I need a car and some other stuffs... And that's if I got the offer. What if I don't? Searching for another internship placement or just accept The Star but then still kena cari rumah semua all in two weeks while struggling with final exam. So yeah, I just give it up.

For TV Al Hijrah and Bernama, well, currently their quota for internship placement are full. They said I can reapply in few more weeks. So, no thanks I dont have much time plus why trouble yourself when you already got a good offer, which is tadaaa The Star.! Wuhuu!

And you know what, only now I know that it is not as easy to choose where do you wanna do your internship. Before this, whenever our lecturers ask where we wanna do our internship, I will proudly said Bernama or TV Al Hijrah. I was never really sure where and I dont really know why I voted for these two. At that time I think well Bernama is the most basic (as far as I know) news agency in Malaysia, as the Reuters in England. Most of the other news agency sometimes will mentioned 'sources from Bernama' in their news so I assumed Bernama is the most reliable (like official) news agency in Malaysia (do I sound stupid?? I dont really know things I just dont know many things, this is only what I think.) For TV Al Hijrah, I think maybe it is because of their Islamic identity that makes me feel like this is where I should go. Feels like some connection in there. And of course because ummi says so. hehe. And as I said, both of these organizations rejected me. This is not only happened at me, but so do my friends by another organizations.

So that's what I am telling you, it is not easy to get an internship placement guys. And at time like this, we are just gonna take whatever we get. And so far, alhamdulillah, I believe Allah has given me the best place to intern. I consulted with Prof Azmuddin, our faculty dean, and he said what I get is good. I will have specialization (in property business unit), and for some reasons he also preferred newspaper organization than TV news. I also asked my lecturer whom I adore his thinking and personality, Sir Ismail (the one who asked me to write a book about our trip to Kazakhstan before, if you remember, that one book which is still 'under progress' until now heee), surpisingly he also think it is good to do property business there. In fact, he said it is very good and I am brave to take it.

Does that make me question my decision back? Yes it does. Hehe. But does it change my mind? Nope, it didn't. It actually make me feel even proud for always being so confident and believe in myself ( well not sure if Im gonna curse myself later for taking this but lets be positive and pray for me okay? hehe) Anyway, of course I have to do some revision to get myself familiar with all those jargon and the lenggok penulisan lah bak kata sir. I dont really know what I really want, but Allah sure knows everything. Inshaallah, this is the best for me. I have faith in this! 

Oh for the record, I AM NOT SAYING the other places for internship are not good. As I discussed with Abang Met last night, actually if I get general desk (rather than any specialized desk), it is sure will benefit me a lot since I will experience covering so many type of news. It is good to learn a lot of things as an internee, so later in my resume I can say I learned this and that. It is great to get to know many things rather than just focusing on only certain area. But it is okay, I am totally positive about what has given to me. Having specialization also sure has its own benefit . Well everything has pros and cons and in order to get something you sure will lose another things and that is just how life works. So yeah. 

I guess that's it for this entry. Actually I wanna talk more but let me stick to one topic in one entry. Inshaallah, next time (maybe next few months after I finished my internship considering how often I blog lately hehe), I will talk about anything else. 

Thank you for reading. I miss blogging, really. I am not sure if I still have my loyal reader like before (cewahhh?? kahkah but I swear I did have some before). But if any of you has read my blog since forever, I would like to say thank you and thank you sooo much. You make me feel appreciated and please, don't stop reading okay? Hehe. 

Bye! 
Assalamu'alaikum.

p/s : doakan kejayaan kita semua di dunia dan akhirat, okay?



6 comments:

  1. Good luck, visit mine at https://theimpracticalone.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/unsung-heroes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck dear ihsan! U make me proud! Love from amieralee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai sis. Saya dapat offer study kat unisel course journalism for degree (before ni amik stpm). And sis pun amik course yg sama jugak kan? Just nak tanya how was your study ? Silibus macamana? My parents keep risau pilihan saya nak amik course ni sebab bagi dorang course ni susah. Tapi saya memang dari sekolah dah minat nak jadi journalist..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdulillah.. dh selesai satu bab baru dalam chapter hidup dear ecan.
    rindu ecan momoy baca entry ecan yg lama2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alhamdulillah.how to apply intership at this company?what rule & step?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai sis can i know you how you apply internship at bernama? Just send the documents through their email?

    ReplyDelete